Onsite Audits and Asset Management
Understanding and achieving control of hardware and software assets continue to be a significant challenge for every customer. The challenges are all the more complex when our client deals with a multi-vendor environments across diverse geography.
To deliver effective hardware maintenance services, a thorough set of data needs to be collected. The Infinite Group provides audit and asset assessment by way of comparative analysis of provided data. Onsite audits and asset management, the Infinite Group’s specialties, are the cornerstones of our strategy to add value to our global clients’ operations.
An engineer is assigned by the Infinite Group to conduct the site audit. The engineer’s main objective is to generate a set of documentation on the systems that the Infinite Group is maintaining. The audit will mainly collect information about part numbers, serial numbers and basic configurations. This process initially assists the Infinite Group in ensuring the right spare parts are available. For future service calls, the audit provides a snapshot of the system at a point in time and can be used to identify key differences in configuration which may be contributing to a system fault.
Our customers rely on an established process to develop a baseline asset list and utilize it to forecast and reduce costs. We take a managed service approach to hardware asset management which includes:
• Site visits: physical inspection of the assets
• Questionnaires and data collection from sites
• Collection of logical data on asset configuration as required
• Comparison of the current customer asset lists to create an asset delta for analysis
• Creation of a database of asset information (CMDB)
Customers can elect to have the Infinite Group administer the asset data as a managed service in multi-vendor environments and support contracts and across all locations.
This service includes the following features:
• Integration of procurement data
• Active tracking of assets through the complete asset management lifecycle
• Ongoing process of cleaning asset data and updating asset database with changes